Tuesday 7 February 2012

Halfway To Winter Stitching

Ooops, so I missed the linky update by a couple of days, but I figured I might as well still post, so I am not really linking up to Fairy Face's Winter Stitching List.


Since Christmas I haven't been too motivated by my list as I have had other sewing plans in mind, but hopefully this little update will help me to get back on track. So here goes...


1. finish my woolly christmas tree garland Done!
2. wrap some woolly wreaths, from ChristopherAndTia I had great intentions for these, but couldn't find any ring forms for a reasonable price so they are on hold until next Chritmas... maybe!

3. make a series of felt stockings for the garland, by Dutch Blue I made a single Santa tree decoration for the Brit Bee Secret Santa and made a cotton paw stocking for Shep, but as Christmas is over these are no longer on my priority list.


4. trio of applique and embroidery christmas scenes (when Helen brings some hoops back from China for me to play with) by Pilli Pilli My embroidered Christmas Scenes are predominantly from patterns purchased from Sew Deerly Loved and although the embroidery is nearly finished, but they are not hooped as I was waiting for my hoops to arrive from China with a friend (but they have been home now for about a month and I should do this tonight so that I get a tick!)
5. stay up to date with my Brit Bee (and finish October's this week) I am proud to report that I am completely up to date with the Brit Bee, AND I came up with my month's challenge and posted them out on time and everything!

6. enjoy the local quilting festival on Sunday 23rd, by Lutterworth Piecemakers
Check, it was awesome to see to many quilts in person

7. quilt and bind Numero Uno 100% finished and sitting happily on my spare bed
8. quilt and bind it's twin; Uno Gemelo (sticking with the spanish naming theme for these babies) Ummmm, not so much- I kinda got sidetracked once I had done the first one!
9. quilt and bind my Baby Mystery Mixtape another 100% finished task, this guy was finished and gifted for a beautiful little girl's birthday back in December and I am so so so pleased that it spends most of it's time in her pram :)

           
10. start (and finish the big sister quilt) Yup, yup, yup, also gifted for my Goddaughter's Birthday in November (even though it wasn't finished in time) I saw them at Christmas.


             
11. cushion for Nan of all her grandchildren's handprints Done and gifted!

12. decide what I want for my Bee month and order the fabric Done, and the packages are curently with the other Bee-ers, driving them insane from the sounds of it!


13. finish the embroidery lettering tutorial, over at Needle N Thread I started months ago! Hmmmm, still not so much, I have done the first two words but I had planned on doing some tomorrow while waiting for our new sofas to arrive as I have has to pack my machine away in anticipation! Photos to follow.
and in true list-making tradition, you have to put something on that you can check off immediately...
14. write my winter stitching list Finished before I even published the original post!

Recap:  I can happily report that I have 9 finishes, 3 wips and 2 projects that I will probably never get around to (am I allowed to permanently remove them from my list and call in 11 finished?) Fingers crossed for a finish before the end of March or I am going to look a bit pathetic!


4 comments: