On Friday, I had to go shopping for some extra fabric as I ended up making the top a lot bigger than I had originally intended (in fact I am currently expecting this to be my first king size quilt- quilting this is going to be a challenge!) while I was there I picked up fabric for backing and binding too.
I NEEDED more blue and green solid fabric and I NEEDED extra of 2 of my prints, I also intended to get an extra half yard of the other two prints, just in case.
Friday night I wanted to complete the bones of all of my reverse cathedral windows blocks, in fact I managed only half- but that was the most time consuming and awkward bit of the process for 8 blocks in 2 hours, so not too bad at all.
Saturday, I finished off all 15 reverse cathedral windows and started playing with the layout.
Before finishing some time this evening to piece the quilt top.
We don't seem to have had much sunshine today, but hopefully I will be able to take a full length photo of the completed top tomorrow after work (if there is any daylight left) in the meantime this is a quick shot of the folded top, with my chosen backing (navy) and binding (green with navy dots)
Now my pile of quilt tops is starting to build up; I need to get to quilting asap- plus I want to play with this one :)